Minardi M02 Marc Gené

Christian E. nos cuenta como ha transformado un McLaren MP4/15 en este modelo pilotado por Marc Gené. 
(texo por: Cristian E.)


What I`ve done:
The basic model was a McLaren MP4/15 from year 2000 season. The model was crapped, had missing parts and damages in decals and painting - so, an ideal conversion basic!
First of all I`ve dissasembled the model. I`ve removed the McLaren chimney on both sides of the cowling and used filling material the fill the hole.  In second step, I``ve used filling material to convert the airbox intake to look like the Minardi version.
The next step already was painting the body. I`ve used Revell`s yellow color 12, aqua version, in combination with my airbrush system. After the main paint was dry, I`ve used a car-clear coat to geht the paint glossy.
While the color was drying, I`ve started to biuld up the small parts. The tires are from a 1999 Arrows A19 I had in spare, the alloys from a 1998 McLaren MP4/13. I`ve painted the alloys in satin black, Revell 302. The airbox camera is a spare part from a 2009 Ferrari F60.
The seat I`ve assambled was a spare part from a 1991 Jordan 191 model which was converted to a driver figure.
All right, paint was dry now, I`ve placed the upper exhaust pipes. These are decals only from a 1998 Marlboro conversion set for a Ferrari F300 model. As the decals were to small, I needed to enlarge them with satin black paint.
After that, I`ve started painting the front wing (yellow and black), the bargeboards (yellow) and the rear wing (yellow, black and blue, Revell 52)
After everything was dry, I`ve assembled all parts and the model was nearly ready.
I`ve placed Miguel`s fine decals and finally, I`ve changed a Coulthard MP4/15 to a Gene Minardi M02 model.
I like it, and you hope you enjoy it, too.











Comentarios

  1. Where can I get the decals and how much
    My email is royal_football_rox@yahoo.co.uk

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Where can I get the decals and how much? DANLANDER2005@HOTMAIL.COM Have you decals of miñardi M01?

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario